Our team provides free-of-charge technical assistance to municipalities, regional councils, redevelopment agencies, state and tribes, and non-profits on the following activities.
The list of services together with the average response time is summarized in the short video and listed below:
- Reviews of technical documents:
- EPA Brownfield grant proposal review
- State Program grant proposal review (1 week)
- Technical document guidance and review (2 weeks)
- Evaluation of redevelopment options (3-4 weeks)
- Sharing of resources including templates (i.e., RFPs for procurement, site-specific determination forms, ABCAs), fact sheets, and example proposals (3 days)
- Assistance on navigating financing options for brownfields (3 days)
- Assistance on state programs and regulatory requirements (3 days)
The MAP program provides assistance to participating communities through the activities of the service-learning Brownfields Redevelopment courses at UConn. The number of selected communities is based on the number of students enrolled in the courses. Disadvantaged communities will receive priority.
The MAP opens a Request for Proposals (RFPs) 3 times a year:
- In July, for consideration in the Fall semester. Services supported include research for EPA brownfield grant proposals.
- In November, for consideration in the Spring semester. Services supported include development of brownfields inventories, data collection for brownfields sites, technical document reviews, and evaluation of redevelopment options.
- In May, for consideration in the Summer semester. Services supported include development of brownfields inventories, data collection for brownfields sites, technical document reviews, and evaluation of redevelopment options.
A series of workshops, webinars, and short courses will be offered through on brownfield related topics such as community engagement, health impacts of brownfield sites, integrated approaches to brownfield cleanup and redevelopment including science and technology of assessment and remediation, stormwater management, green energy, the PREPARED Workbook, and others. Additional subjects will include financing options for brownfields, land banks, and New England brownfield state programs. Workshop information will be available in our website.
To view our past workshops and webinars click here
UConn TAB provides resources that can help with the preparation and review of grants.
- Resources and webinars to prepare grants -https://tab.program.uconn.edu/brownfields-library/#Grant
- Other Grant Review - email email@example.com
The UConn TAB team will provide reviews for the upcoming EPA assessment, cleanup, multipurpose, and revolving loan fund grant cycle. We provide reviews of the narrative and application package, offering two rounds of review upon time availability:
- EPA MARC Grant Review - https://tab.program.uconn.edu/epa-grant-review-submission/